YOUTH RED CROSS
Mahendra Engineering College has a YRC unit, functioning in an effective manner.There are more than 100 volunteers in engineering stream, one Programme Officer is appointed for the unit. The Principal, Programme Officer, interested staff members and the student representatives form a committee. At present the YRC Cell, Mahendra Engineering College has strength 100 students volunteers working under head of the Mr.V.DHANASEKAR.
- Protection of health and life
- Service to the sick and suffering
- Promotion of national and international friendship, to develop the mental and moral capacities of the youth.
The Youth Red Cross aims to inspire, encourage and initiate at all times, all forms of humanitarian activities so that human suffering can be minimized, alleviated and even prevented, thus contribute to creating a more congenial climate for peace.
- AIDS awareness
- Blood Donation Camps
- General Health Camps
- Campaign for Polio Immunisation Programme
- Tree planting
- First Aid
CELEBRATION OF SPECIAL DAYS
- World Health Day – April, 7
- Blood Donation Day – October. 1
- Women’s Day – March, 8
- Independence Day – August, 15
- Republic Day – January, 26