MEC Central Library Initially setup in 1995, the Central Library moved to its new independent building in Feb, 2012. Central Library housed in the separate building in front of the Annex building in a vast area of 1431 Sq/m. The main aim of library is to provide right source to right user at right time. The collection of library includes Books, Journals, Magazines, Newspapers, Project documents, Back volumes and CDs/DVDs in the field of Management, Science, Engineering and Technology. MEC Library consists of a Central Library and 12 Departmental Libraries which collectively support teaching, research and extension programmes of the Institute.
|Monday to Friday||8.00 AM to 8.00 PM|
|Holidays||10.00 AM to 4.00 PM|
- Circulation Service (Issue and Return).
- Digital Library Service.
- Reference Service.
- Book Bank.
- Inter Library Loan (ILL) Services through DELNET.
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC).
- Current Awareness Service (CAS).
- Selective Dissemination of Information Service (SDI).
- Digital Repository.
- Reprography Service.
- Newspaper Clipping Service.
- Users Awareness Programmes.
- Information Display Service.
Specialized collections are available in Engineering and Technology, Sciences & Humanities, Socials Science etc.
|3||Journals & Magazines||270|
|10||E - Journals (Elsevier & DELNET )||450|
- Library is fully computerized and automated using Autolib Software with DDC coding, Magnetic Scanner, Bar Coding facilities enables the user for faster accessing the Library.
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) facility makes book searches easier with various options such as Title, Author, Keyword(s) and Subject(s) etc...
- A modern Digital Library with a high-speed internet access at the speed of 155 Mbps.
- Library is having LAN facility. By using this library software can be accessed by the students from the server.
- Library is having Wi-Fi network facility. By using this, the availability of books in the library can be known by all users.
- Separate sections of Book Bank, Periodicals, Back Volumes, Audio Visual, Reference and Project Materials are provided.
- Reprographic facilities such as Photocopier, Printer, Scanner and CD Writers.
|S. No.||Name of the Staff||Qualification||Designation|
|1||Dr. U. Pramanathan||MA., B.Ed., PGDCA., MLIS., M.Phil., Ph.D.||Chief Librarian|
|2||Mr. R. Venus||B.Com., MLIS., M.Phil.||Librarian|
|3||Mr. P. Sudarsan||B.Com., MLIS.,||Assistant Librarian|
|4||Mrs. V. Vijaya||B.Lit., MLIS.,||Assistant Librarian|
|5||Mrs. K. Baby||BA., MLIS.,||Assistant Librarian|
|6||Mrs. T. Chitra||B.Com (CA)., MLIS.,||Library Assistant|
|7||Mr. C. Kolandaivel||BA., BLIS.,||Library Assistant|
|8||Mr. J. Yuvaraj||MA, BLIS.,||Library Assistant|
Library & Information Centre
Mahendra Engineering College (Autonomous),
Salem- Thiruchengode Highway, Mahendhirapuri,
Phone No: 04288 - 288578
E-Mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org