“Library is a heart of an Institution” - Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, Former President of India.
The Mahendra Engineering College has established the Central Library in 1995. The Central Library moved to its new building in February, 2012. The Mahendra Engineering College (Autonomous) has a Centralized Library & Information Centre with a carpet area of 17029 Sq.ft., with a total seating capacity of 250 persons. It is located in the ground floor of the Library Block. In addition to that Departments have their own Department Libraries.
The collection of Library includes Books, Journals, Magazines, E-Resources, Newspapers, Project Documents, Back Volumes and CDs/DVDs in the field of Management, Science, Engineering and Technology.
|Monday to Friday||8.00 AM to 8.00 PM|
|Holidays||10.00 AM to 4.00 PM|
The Library aims to be the best among all engineering college Libraries in the country. Library intends to incorporate the latest technology and adopts a user-friendly approach towards students and faculty. Library offers comprehensive services related to the dissemination of knowledge.
The Library provides quality resources and innovative services to stimulate creativity, and intellectual curiosity, and to facilitate lifelong learning and research within the communities we serve.
- To enrich collections
- To enhance utilization of existing resources
- To add to the readership number every year.
- To enhance reading habits in students and staff
- To promote the library as a vibrant learning unit
- To promote the use of ICT
- To enhance e-Governance in the Library
All the Students, Faculty members and Supporting Staff of the Institution are eligible for membership in the Library.
Bloom Technologies Library Management Software (LMS)
The Library functions with full automation LMS software connected to the Central Server to store and retrieve data regarding the resources, users, and any other activities.
- The Library is fully computerized and automated using Bloom Technologies Library Management Software (LMS) with DDC coding, Magnetic Scanner, and Bar-Coding with Acquisition Management, Cataloguing, Serial Management, Report Management, Circulation services (Issue, Return and Renewal of books) facilities enabling the users to faster accessing to the Library.
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) facility makes book searches easier with various options such as Title, Author, Keyword(s) and Subject(s) etc., to the users.
- Auto due reminder to users through e-mail (Issue, Return and Renewal of books and over dues).
Sufficient numbers of systems are available in the Digital Library section with Internet access facilities to access the e-resources. Users can access this section for educational, research and development purposes. Non-book materials such as CDs/DVDs, floppies, audio, and video cassettes acquired/supplied along with the text/reference books/magazines are also kept in this section. A single CD or a floppy will be issued per user on an overnight basis
The Library has a huge number of specialized collections in Engineering and Technology, Sciences & Humanities, Socials Science, etc.
|1||Books (Text, Reference and Rare Books)||112564|
|3||Journals & Magazines||282|
E- Resources (E-Journals / E-Books) :
- IEEE (ASPP): https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/browse/periodicals/title
- DELNET : https://delnet.in/
- Mahendra Publication(IJASE) :http://mahendrapublications.com/
- Mahendra Digital Library: https://meclib.wixsite.com/meclib/copy-of-home
- N-LIST: https://nlistidp.inflibnet.ac.in/idp/profile/SAML2/Redirect/SSO?execution=e1s1
- Knowledge Hub: https://k-hub.in/NewResources.aspx?id=2
- NDLI (National Digital Library of India), IIT Kharagpur:
- DELNET (Developing Library Network, New Delhi )
E-Theses / Dissertation
- INFILBNET - Shodhganga: https://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/
- NPTEL: https://nptel.ac.in/
- Swayam: https://swayam.gov.in/
- Swayam Prabha : https://www.swayamprabha.gov.in/
- MIT Open Courseware : https://ocw.mit.edu/
- INFLIBNET Vidya-mitra : https://vidyamitra.inflibnet.ac.in/
- Virtual Labs: https://www.vlab.co.in/
- Spoken Tutorials for Open Source Software: https://spoken-tutorial.org/
Remote Access Log In Credentials Details
|S. No.||Databases||Log In Details|
|1||IEEE (ASPP) All Society Periodicals Package||Username: 20MetC22 Password: 96iW2bsnr98|
|2||DELNET (Developing Library Network)||User Login: tnmecm Password: mecm2505|
Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) facility makes book searches easier with various options such as Title, Author, Keyword(s) and Subject(s) etc... to the users.
- OPAC Link: http://10.0.8.85:82/
- Circulation Service (Issue and Return).
- Reference Service.
- Book Bank.
- Inter Library Loan (ILL) Services through DELNET.
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC).
- Reprography Service.
- Newspaper Clipping Service.
- Users Awareness Orientation Programmes.
- Information Display Service.
- Current Awareness Service (CAS).
- Selective Dissemination of Information Service (SDI).
- Digital Library Service.
- Digital Repository.
The Library plays a key role in supporting the academic activities of the Institution by establishing, maintaining and promoting the following Library and information services, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- It is well-equipped with Reference Books, Textbooks, Journals, Magazines, Newspapers, etc.
- Reference Services (Encyclopedia, Dictionary, Yearbooks, Handbooks and Previous year Question papers).
- A separate Digital Library with 25 desktop computers that enable the stakeholders' easy access to IEEE, DELNET, NDLI, NPTEL, Swayam, Institutional Repository, and other open access databases with high-speed internet access at the speed of 155 Mbps.
- The Library has a Wi-Fi network facility.
- Inter-Library Loan (ILL) service through DELNET.
- Information display regarding new arrivals.
- Reprographic facilities such as Photocopier, Printer, Scanner and CD Writer.
- Purified drinking RO water facility.
Rules and Regulations:
- Library is the “Mother of Knowledge”. Complete silence, dignity, and decorum should be maintained inside the Library.
- Using mobile phones inside the Library is prohibited.
- Users must keep their belongings at the Property Counter before entering the Library. However, they are advised not to leave valuable things like cell phones, purses etc. in their bags.
- Students wearing shorts, pyjamas, nightdresses, round neck and printed T-shirts etc are not allowed inside the Library. Only a formal dress code is allowed.
- Users must scan their ID card in the system kept at the entrance while at entry and exit to record their presence in the Library. In case of loss of the Library ID card, the member should get a permission letter from the Principal / HOD to enter into the Library. Non-members of the Library can access the library by making an entry in the Entry Register kept at the entrance of the Library.
- Underlining, scribbling, tearing of pages and any other type of mutilation of books and journals etc., mishandling or misuse of computers will be penalized.
- If any book/ journal are brought out of the Library without proper entry, it will be viewed seriously.
- Users shall vacate their seats 15 minutes before the closing time of the Library.
- Special privileges may be extended to a user with prior permission from the Librarian and approval of the same by the Principal.
- The system kept in the Library is to be used only for the browsing of E-Journals, Digital resources and for searching for books available in the Library.
- No refreshments or foodstuff of any kind shall be brought or consumed anywhere inside the Library.
- No Dues Certificate is issued from the Library after clearing all the dues like submission of books, documents etc.,
- The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any user on disciplinary grounds such as abusing or misbehaving with the Library staff, etc.
- Copyright Restrictions.
- 1. Whole books and periodicals cannot be copied.
- 2. More than one article cannot be copied from any issue of a periodical.
- 3. Only single copies can be requested, of a few selected pages, for academic use.
Any changes in the rules or instructions or information to members will be notified on the Library Notice Board as and when required.
“Appropriate action would be initiated against those who do not abide by the above norms of the Library”
Library Advisory Committee had been constituted for the purpose of the smooth functioning of the Library and coordination with all Heads of the Department, faculty members, students and the management.
Major responsibilities of the Advisory Committee:
- To consider policy matters regarding Central Library / Departmental libraries, including the policy for procurement of books and journals and render advice to the purchase committee for library material procurements.
- To look into the day to day functioning of the library for students and staff and to solve the problems if any that occurs.
- To supervise the allocation and utilization of funds for purchase of books and journals of different departments for the Central Library and Departmental libraries.
- To maintain liaison between the Central Library and various Academic Departments for the purchase of required books.
- To consider the recommendations of faculty members regarding the purchase of books/journals in the Library.
- To consider and put forward the views of students and Research Scholars regarding their requirements and arranging them as per availability.
The activities of the library are monitored by the way of lending books, purchase of books, lending of audio-visual materials, Stock verification, Computerization, etc…
The Library Advisory Committee has below-mentioned members:
|Sl. No.||Name and Designation||Position (Chairman/Member)||Category|
Dean / SMS
|Chairperson||Dean / SMS|
|Member||Senior Faculty member|
|5||Mr.M. S. Senthilkumar
Prof. / Agriculture
|Member||Senior Faculty member|
|7|| Mrs. S. Latha
Asst. Prof. / IT
|8||Mrs. M. Thenmozhi
Asst. Prof. / EEE
|9||Mr. P. Deepak Raj
IV year / Agri
III year/ EEE
|S. No.||Name of the Staff||Qualification||Designation|
|1||Dr.U. Pramanathan||MA.,B.Ed., PGDCA., MLIS., M.Phil., Ph.D.||Chief Librarian|
|2||Mr.R. Venus||B.Com., MLIS., M.Phil.||Librarian|
|3||Mr. P. Sudarsan Narasimha Bharathi||B.Com., MLIS.,||Assistant Librarian|
|4||Mrs.V. Vijaya||B.Lit., MLIS.,||Assistant Librarian|
|5||Mrs. T. Chitra||B.Com (CA)., MLIS.,||Library Assistant|
|6||Mr.C. Kolandaivel||BA. BLIS.,||Library Assistant|
Library and Information Centre,
Mahendra Engineering College (Autonomous),
Phone No.: 04288-288578
E-Mail ID.: firstname.lastname@example.org