The programmes are designed to produce professional Engineers who are capable of analyzing, specifying, designing, commissioning and maintaining complex electronic communications systems to enable continuous improvements in standards of living enjoyed by society through the ingenuity of engineers.
The courses open up a very wide range of employment opportunities, firstly by providing students with a comprehensive ground in engineering and electronics principles and then by allowing specialization that enables them to focus on a particular area of technology. This focus can be further enhanced by an appropriate choice of final-year project topic, which offers students an opportunity to acquire skills and experience in areas not otherwise covered by the main modules on the course.
To offer state-of-the-art technical education in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering to the students, particularly to those from the under-privileged rural community.
To develop and disseminate effectively the technical information aimed at improving the infrastructure and environmental well-being of the society. The Programme aims to provide a well-rounded and superior engineering education that produce talented graduates and creative engineers.
- Create conducive atmosphere in the department through which the students, especially from rural area will discover their own potential in Electronics and Communication Engineering and cater to the needs of industries of surrounding areas.
- Provide practical exposure to the students through modern laboratories with continuous upgradation.
- Provide opportunities to students to help upgrade their conceptual knowledge, by enhancing the information sources like Library, internet access facilities, etc.,
- Create technical awareness among the students through special lectures from eminent resource persons, industrial visits and in plant training.
- Provide opportunity to improve students' skills and competencies through participation in seminar, technical paper presentations and project works within the campus and at reputed companies.
- Improve the faculty performance through continuous education, organizing and participating in seminars, workshops, national and international conferences.
- Motivate both faculty and students to undertake research works and develop products through Industry and Institution co-operation.
- Offer Post Graduate Degree Programme with the specialization of DSP, Embedded Systems and Communication Systems.
- To make this institution a Center of Excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization in DSP, VLSI, Embedded Systems and Communication Systems.
- The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has set the above objectives to fulfill the mission of the Department and thereby the vision of our college.
- B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering
- M.E. Communication Systems
- M.E. Computer and Communication
- M.E. Digital Communication and Networks
|S. No.||Lab Name||Year of establishment|
|1||Circuits & Devices Laboratory||1996|
|2||Digital & IC Laboratory||1996|
|3||Microprocessor and Interfacing Laboratory||1997|
|5||DSP &Simulation Laboratory||2002|
|6||Analog and Digital Communication Laboratory||2003|
|Lecture||Methods:||Explaining Clearly, Being Well Prepared, Summarizing Major Points, Identifying What is Important and Knowing if the Classes are Understandable.|
|Style:||Giving an Interesting Presentation Style and Varying Speed & Tone of Voice.|
|Note taking:||Giving Lectures that are easy to Outline|
|Discussion||We Encourage Class Discussion. Students are invited to share their Knowledge and Experiences through Discussions.|
|Laboratory Teaching||Moving from 'Cookbook' to 'Discovery' Learning. This helps students to understand fundamentals & basic concepts in Electronics Engg in a better manner.|
|Managements Skills||Train students to Plan for Office, Time Management & Leading a group.|
|Project-focused Learning||By Design Projects, Students are encouraged for self learning and explore unlearned areas in the course curriculum.|
|Problem-focused Learning||Teaching Problem-Solving & Creativity to Engineers. In case studies, Leading Engineering Cases and Ethics cases are Discussed|
|S.No||Name of the Seminar/Conference||Level||Period|
|1||Technical Symposium "ECAM 2K"||University Level||February 2000|
|2||Technical Symposium "Synthetic Neurons – 2K+1"||State Level||February 19th & 20th 2001|
|3||Technical Symposium "Synthetic Neurons – 2K+2"||National Level||January 23rd, 24th 2002|
|4||Induction Training Programme||Intra College Level||May 2003|
|5||Conference on Recent Trends in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation and Communication Engineering (RETEEICOM'06)||National Level||March 2006|
|6||Technical symposium – ZENFET'06||National Level||September 2006|
|7||2nd Conference on Recent Trends in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation and Communication Engineering (RETEEICOM'07)||National Level||March 2007|
|8||3rd Conference on Recent Trends in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation and Communication Engineering (RETEEICOM'07)||National Level||March 2008|
|9||Technical Symposium – ECTRIX'08||National Level||September 2008|
|10||4th National Conference on Recent Trends in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation and Communication Engineering (RETEEICOM'08)||National Level||24th April, 2009|
|5th National Conference on Recent Trends in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation and Communication Engineering (RETEEICOM'10)||National Level||9th April, 2010|
|A workshop an “Research opportunities in Embedded Systems and Wireless Communications” was conducted||State level||12th March 2010|
|A workshop an “Network Simulator-2” was conducted||State level||17th September2010|
|Technical Symposium-“VEZETO’10”||National Level||September, 17th &18th 2010|
|6th National Conference on Modern Communication Techniques-MCT 2011 was organized||National Level||21st March 2011|
- ECE department was established in the year 1995, with the intake of 60 students
- The student intake was increased from 60 to 90 in the academic year 2001 - 2002
- The department was accredited for 3 years by NBA, AICTE - New Delhi in the academic year 2006 - 2007
- The student intake was increased from 90 to 120 in the academic year 2006 - 2007
- M.E Communication Systems was started in the academic year 2004-2005
- M.E Computer and Communication was started in the academic year 2008-2009
- M.E Digital Communication and Networks was started in the academic year 2011-2012
An Electronics Engineer with specialization in Electronic System Design, DSP, Embedded Systems, VLSI, etc., can be employed in the public and private sector industries and organizations such as Intel, Texas Instruments, BSNL, ISRO, DRDO, Indian Telephone Industries, MTNL, National Physical Laboratories, AIR, Civil aviation, and the Police Wireless Departments.
Electronics Engineers are also absorbed into the entertainment industry, research establishments, and defense. They can also take-up teaching and research in any of the engineering colleges in India or abroad.