The Department of Computer Applications, established in 1998 with an intake of 60 students, with the approval of All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi and affiliation of Periyar University, Salem.
The M.C.A. programme is now affiliated to Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore. With the semester scheme of study, there is a growing demand in highly specialized areas like intelligent systems, image processing and advanced software design. Hence it is possible to attract young talents from all over the country. The Department has established very good computing Laboratories to support its academic programme, in addition, it maintains a well stacked Library, to fulfill its commitment to the cause of academic progress.
The Department aims at promoting quality and value based education by motivating the skills of students, creating awareness on the future trends of software industry and familiarizes the students to face interviews.
The Department offers Masters degree in Computer Applications, namely MCA. The duration of the course is 3 years (6 semesters), which includes one semester of project work.
The students undertake individual project work in their sixth semester. Most of the students take up their project in various leading software and IT industries in the country. This enables the students to have an exposure to the industrial trends. All those passed out of the Institute have secured good employment in well-known multinational companies and public sector undertakings.
- All Laboratories are equipped with latest version computers and software
- Independent terminal and an area created on the server for each student facilitating working beyond the regular hours.
- An exclusive 16Mbps leased line free internet facility.
- Separate Laboratory to execute final semester projects.
A well stacked Library, containing all the latest editions of the publications related to the curricula, enables the students to enhance their knowledge base in different topics and subjects taught in their courses. The latest periodicals, journals and other publications are also provided to the students for constant updating about latest developments in the field of Science and Technology. The Library books are constantly updated, in consultation with the teaching staff, keeping in mind the specific requirements of the students.
The Llibrary provides a comfortable reading environment, where the students may spend useful time in reading and reference work.
- Sasirekha K. secured 11th Rank in Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore, May 2010.
- Ramya Devi D. secured 12th Rank in Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore, May- 2010.
- Janani M. secured 16th Rank in Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore, May-2010.
- Saranya Devi S. secured 19th Rank in Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore, May- 2010.
- Sathyaraj V. secured 41st Rank in Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore, May- 2010.
- Vasantha Rajaa O.V. secured 44th Rank in Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore, May- 2010.
- Naresh Kumar S. secured 12th Rank in Anna University, Chennai May- 2007.
- Ramya J. secured 6th Rank in Periyar University, Salem May- 2004.
- Four days Workshop on "Shortcut methods to solve the aptitude problems " (8.03.2011 to 11.03.2011) Prof. K. S. Krishnaraj, Professor / Management studies,Gobi Arts and Science college, Gobi.
- Guest Lecture on "Cloud Computing" (05.02.2011) by Dr. S. R. Balasundaram, Professor, Department of MCA, NIT, Trichy.
- Guest Lecture on ".NET Framework" (25.09.2010) by Mr. K. Vijayababu, 3Edge solutions, Chennai.
- National Conference on Innovations in Computing Techniques (NCICT) on 16th March 2007.
- National Level Technical Symposium (SPAZ) on 04th October 2006.
To motivate students towards corporate orientation, training is imparted in industry environment. This is achieved through strategic development programmes like Training and Placement, Induction classes, Industrial visit, seminar by the guest faculties and circulation of articles and news letters of reputed industries.
To inspire and mould them to accept challenges the industry. This goal is achieved through regular group discussion, mock interviews, continuous aptitude training classes, etiquette and other soft-skill workshops, both internal resource persons and external professional trainers.
To equip the left over students and help them in off-campus placement, regular Training and Placement programmes are adopted through student-corporate interactions and other faithful measures.
Our students are placed in the following companies
- 24 X 7, Chennai.
- Allfon Systems (P) Ltd.
- Caritor India (P) Ltd.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions, Chennai.
- Data Patterns, Chennai.
- Element K .
- Femtosoft Technologies Ltd, Chennai.
- Hexaware Technologies Ltd.
- High Commands (P) Ltd, Chennai.
- I Flex, Chennai.
- IBS Software Services (P) Ltd.
- IC Info Tech., Nodia.
- Info LogiX, Chennai.
- Infosys Technologies Ltd.
- Ipingenious, Chennai.
- L & T, Chennai.
- Mahendra Next Wealth.
- Photon Infotech Ltd, Chennai.
- Satyam Computer Services, Chennai.
- Syntel Inc,Chennai.
- Temnos, Chennai.